Friday, October 1, 2010

Octoberfest!














 It's October 1st! So many exciting things happening in October! Today is my Mom's birthday (Happy Birthday Mom :) and she just got home last night from her annual trip to visit family in Germany. Today is the day I get to change out my cute monthly kitchen towel :) For anyone who is interested in making these yourselves, they are from the Leisure Arts Leaflet 3004 Handy Hand Towels Thru the Year (dated 1997 and I found mine on eBay). These could be used as a fun teaching tool for homeschoolers to let the children change out the months as the year passes. On October 13, 1976 Jose asked me to be his girlfriend :) Obviously...I said "yes"! October also means its time to plan our trip to Tanaka Farms Pumpkin Patch with the little ones. I love taking pictures of them in flannel shirts (yes....I realize that this is California and the poor kids are unusally sweating by the time we're done....) And of course, there's Halloween. I don't love the scarey side of Halloween. But I do love seeing the boys in costumes and seeing the delight in their eyes as they go trick or treating! They have absolutely no idea why people are giving them candy for saying "Trick or Treat", but they love it!


Tanaka Farms 2009- Elijah, Caleb & David :) I think Elijah picked a good one!


2 comments:

  1. What sweet little boys you have in your life! You're a lucky grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally am the luckiest Nana ever! These little guys (and the newest addition who is 1 now) bless my life in ways I never thought possible :)

    ReplyDelete