Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Score at Half-Time.....Boys 4 - Girls 1 :)

Big changes are coming our way. Yesterday our son and his beautiful wife went to the OB for their 20 week appointment and were thrilled to learn that their family of of 3 little boys will expand to include their first little girl! I am the proud Nana to 4 wonderful little guys. Each one of the different and amazing and so special to my heart. Now I get to add in some pink and lace and ruffles to my repertoire! It's hard to imagine a feminine influence into this male dominated circle that we've had going here, but if nothing else, it's going to be fun to watch and see if this little lady is going to be "one of the boys" or if she's going to "run the place" :) In the next 6 weeks we will find out if our daughter is carrying a little boy or a little girl. There is so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to! I know that I spend a lot of time on my blog talking about crafting, but today it really struck me that God is the ultimate crafter!
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  Psalm 139:13-14

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You are in full gramma mode.
    I am happy for your fam and scared for the little girl! LOL She will not wear the same thing twice for quite some time, will she????
    My Sophie was the first girl.......I know what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilty at charged.......when Kristina started Kindergarten she wore a different outfit every day for the first month of school :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I have a daughter and love it. Having girls is wonderful and the clothes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see all the outfits you will make for your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I can't wait to see the outfits either! :) I already bought fabric and I washed it and now I have to iron it and cut it and start sewing! I only have 5 months until she makes her debut!

    ReplyDelete