Monday, December 13, 2010

Sew much still to do!

With Christmas just around the corner, I've been doing my best to get my sewing projects completed. I started quite a while ago, hoping to be finished the week before Christmas so that I could really enjoy the holiday and not be so stressed out. Although I am happy with what I've accomplished so far, I still have quite a bit to finish if I'm going to hit my goal by the end of this week. I didn't get to do much sewing this weekend because my Fibro flared up and left me pretty much useless for a couple of days. I did manage to finish these 3 little shirts for David, Caleb and Elijah :) A few months ago I found the coolest retro bowling shirt pattern at the thrift store. The pattern was uncut and has all sizes from 3T up to adult XL. Good luck trying to find that many sizes in one patterns these days!  So I went online to find some fun fabrics to make the shirts for the boys. I found the fun Michael Miller "Dino Dudes" fabric for David (my little dino lover) on etsy and I found the Alexander Henry "Ready Set Robot" fabric in red for Elijah (his favorite color) and  blue for Caleb (his favorite color) on ebay. I love the way they look hanging all together :) I can't wait to see the boys wearing them! I'm guessing that by next year Gabriel will be big enough to get a fun bowling shirt too! (and who knows, maybe Nana will have some little girls to sew for as well :) 

6 comments:

  1. I said great job and that I was jealous of how efficient you are!! LOL Will this comment go through???? mwah ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dunno but most of my comments get eaten by blogger and then i feel bad that i can't comment on all the great posts! she is uber efficient isn't she...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just too cute! What a great thrifting find! Very fun! I hope you get all of your crafting done. I know I won't but I'm still going to work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun. Your grandsons are going to love the shirts.

    As for getting all your gifts done, you are not alone. I am going to be sewing non-stop Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete