Monday, July 19, 2010

Owl Rightie Then!


You may have noticed my fun little owl pin-cushion hanging out in the background of some of my photos. Well, my daughter-in-law mentioned that she loved my little owl. So I made her one of her own for her birthday. I forgot to take a picture of it before she went to live at her new home. But she is green with flowers embroidered on her back. I have to admit, I wanted to keep her for myself! Anyhoo....so after looking at my owl, I realized that her new owl was much cuter than mine, so I made myself a new one. My grandson David wanted an owl too, so he adopted my original (more masculine looking) owl. I feel good knowing he is in a good home too. So now I have this girlier owl. No embroidered flowers, but she is red and I love red :) I have really fallen in love with felt lately. I found this super fun website with free patterns (YES FREE). If you are interested in working with felt check them out: http://weefolkart.com/ There are some great tutorials and really great info on working with felt. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment