Saturday, January 1, 2011
Maybe this time, I'll get it right :)
Instead I've decided to make a list of the things that "I'd like to" do this year. (other than item #1, the rest are in no particular order)
1. I would like to make the 1st Saturday of every month "Date Saturday" with my hubby. (I talked to the hubster about this last night and he loves the idea :) Our relationship is the most important one in my life and I need to make sure that we are taking time out from all the other "stuff" to really have fun together.
2. I would like to be more "on purpose" with my spending and work at getting all of our debt paid off in the next 3 1/2 years. It's do-able, but it's mostly up to me as I am in charge of the finances.
3. I would like to learn to knit. (Did I say that out loud?) Up until now, knitting has been my nemesis. I wanted to stab myself in the eye with the needles the last time I tried. But if I took a class maybe I'd finally master that skill.
4. I would like to be a better pet owner. Barkley has bad manners and jumps on people when they come to visit and that is my fault. I need to take the time to train him. I trained him to go potty outside.....not jumping on people should be a walk in the park compared to that. If he was better behaved, everyone would enjoy his company more. I know I would.
5. I would like to be a better friend and really nurture my friendships. I don't often take time out to get together with friends.
6. I would like to be outdoors more. Walking in the sunshine would be really good for me (and for my naughty doggie)
7. I would like to be more adventurous. I'm going to be 50 in February and I'm not getting any younger. I'm not saying that I'm going to be skydiving anytime soon, but there are a few things on my list I'd like to try.
8. I would like to actually use my daily planner. I've read that if you do the things that you really don't want to do first each day, that you actually get more done. (wouldn't that be nice?)
9. I would like to get my car washed on a regular basis. This one may sound funny but I know that doing that would make my hubby happy.
10. I would like to learn how to use all the really cool stuff that my Photoshop actually does :)
11. I would like to open my esty shop and have it be insanely successful so that I would have some extra "Nana" cash for emergencies with the grandkids.....like ice cream or the zoo :)
12. I would like to get all my Christmas crafting done by Dec. 1st so that I can really enjoy all the fun Christmas-y things going on.
Like Albert Einstein said :"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
And with that in mind, I'm going to try a few new things this year and see if by this time next year I'll have some different results :)
Happy New Year!