Friday, March 18, 2011

Here Comes the Bride :)


 My darling daughter is organizing a bridal shower for one of her close friends and she came across this fun Bride to Be sash on Etsy. She emailed the listing to me and asked me if I could make one. The good thing is that I know the bride and I know her style. She loves yellow so I used this buttery yellow cotton sateen and butter yellow eyelet for the sash itself. I painted "The Future Mrs. Nelson" on it with a red fabric paint pen by Marvy Uchida. I made the flower out of bright plaid fabric that has all the colors of the bridal shower in it. I also found this great vintage button to use where the sash overlaps at the hip. She loves all things vintage, so I think she'll like the button. I emailed pictures  of the finished sash to my daughter and she loved it! 















UPDATE: The bride loved it!

4 comments: