Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day!

I hope you are enjoying Labor Day! I know I am :) The hubs is home so we were able to sleep in this morning until 8:45am........
I know.....we're lazy deadbeats!!!!
But that is one of the joys of being empty nesters :)
We had a lovely breakfast and now I'm getting a little sewing time in. I made these quilted Retro Pot holders to match the Sunkissed Pears Apron I listed on etsy a few weeks back.
I used this great free pattern on Sew4home.com.
I've used this pattern before and I love it!
It's definitely FTS (fun to sew) These cuties will get listed on etsy later today or tomorrow.
I have lots of insulbrite in my stash so I'll be making more of these as part of my quest to use up my stash in September....or at least make a dent in it :)

I love that these are really oven mitts rather than pot holders because you slide your hand into them. I'm kind of a klutz so I'm not really a fan of regular pot holders. They tend to move and I end up scorching myself all the time.

Well it's time to cut the hubby's hair and then get the sashing done on my Happy Camper quilt.
Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a relaxing morning. Now I feel the need to try and make pot holders. Will have to keep my eye out for the insulated material.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very cute. I need new pot holders so i may give this pattern a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some of those that you made....love them!! Love the new fabric on the new ones too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very cheery,love the print. Come visit my blog for a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love this, thanks so much...

    ReplyDelete