Sunday, December 11, 2011

2012 Tiny House Quilt Along



I have been drooling over all the gorgeous quilts I've seen on many different blogs that are the result of "quilt-alongs". I really wanted to find one to join in 2012 so that at the end of next year, I too would have a lovely new quilt just for me. I stumbled across this fantastic idea for a quilt that will be made up of 365 tiny 3" houses made from scraps so that no 2 are alike. These little houses are stitched together by hand so that's perfect for me to do while the hubs watches TV in the evening. The houses will be sashed together into a large quilt with one large house in the center (since 2012 is a leap year). This idea is the brain child of a very talented crafter named Jeanneke. Her blog is written in both Dutch and English. If you want to play along, just jump over HERE and click on her email near the top of the page to let  her know that you want to join in the fun! On December 15th she will send you the pattern for the tiny houses. I can't wait to get started :)

9 comments:

  1. have some fun with that. I can soooo sew you doing this...fabulously

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm think of joining this also. What fun it will be at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I wish I could make one of these; maybe in 2016 :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I think you're going to have fun with this. I can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know this is really tempting. If I could get a bunch of the pieces cut and ready for hand sewing - say enough for 3-4 months at a time, i'd be really tempted :D

    ReplyDelete