Monday, July 2, 2012

A Little Patriotic and A Little Pixie :)

First off, I wanted to show you 
the apron I just finished for my sweet friend Amy.
She needed an apron to wear for
her neighborhood 4th of July festivities.
I used this fabulous fabric by Robert Kaufman
in red, white, and navy blue.
(love love love this fabric!)
I used the Pretty Ditty Apron pattern

I also finished up my Spring Pixie by Bent Creek.
I stitched it on 28ct Summer Sky hand-dyed Jobelan 
over 1 thread.
I pretty much changed all the thread colors
to suit my home
and finished it as a little pillow
using some fun fabric from Sweetwater
that was given to me by my dear friend Regena
and some large red rick rack :)
Instead of using the Mill Hill beads suggested
on the chart,
I chose to use metallic gold thread
and add some stars instead.
I love my little Spring Pixie.
Now I have to decide which Pixie to stitch next.
I have Summer, Fall and Winter to go!


8 comments:

  1. Very nice Obi Wan:-)! Please keep stitching and sharing :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait to wear this apron! It is just too much sassiness in one place! Thank you so much Karen. The pixie is so sweet! good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apron is adorable and Amy is going to look so wonderfully HOT in it! She'll be the best looking neighbor at her bash!
    And I love the little Pixie - the red Sweetwater fabric looks great with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe at how much you get done! great job on everything!
    Denise is right, Amy will be one not little firecracker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe at how much you get done! great job on everything!
    Denise is right, Amy will be one not little firecracker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both finishes are awesome! I can't decide which I like better! :) I think you should do the summer fairy next, then autumn, then winter... I always have to go in order... I can't help it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That apron is awesome :) Congratulations on your Spring Pixie finish, I cannot wait to see the rest.

    --shaunterria
    ca11i0pe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented Karen that apron is wonderful and your Pixie finish is just too cute!!
    Hope you got my email about the new Exchange.

    ReplyDelete