Monday, May 6, 2013

Hooked :)

Are you hooked on Crochet?
I'd like to give it a whirl.....
I had this fun Crobots book on my wish list
since the Christmas before last.
Yes....I've owned it for more than a year now.
Don't judge......:)
Still no cute crocheted robots,
but I'm confident that one day I'll get it done :)
In the meantime I made this fun Crochet Clutch
and you can find the free pattern 
from the Moda Bakeshop  HERE.

I used store bought double wide binding 
instead of making my own like the pattern suggests.
On the pattern, there was no mention of how to round
the corners on the bottom of the bag
so I used the cap to one of my large vitamin bottles
as a guide.

Also, there was no mention on how wide to stitch
the channels for the crochet hooks
so I came in 1 1/2" on each side 
and then 1" intervals in between.


It's a cool pattern and I love the zipper pocket
at the bottom and the clear plastic so you can see
what you've got in there :)
I chose not to make the optional  handle
and I used velcro instead of the magnetic closure
because I didn't have one in my stash :)

I'm happy with the way it came out
and I appreciate the talented women who share their
skills with the rest of us!

10 comments:

  1. I love that fabric. Stripes and flowers. My favourites!

    Www.notionnanny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute, I wish I knew about that before I ventured to make my own..lol Love the brown and turquoise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute ... love the fabrics ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool. I'm not a person to crochet but the pattern could be adjusted for those small cylinders the Jeana Kimble needles come in. Thanks for posting. You have my mind whirling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I've always wanted something for my crochet tools. Now I need to add this to my list of a million projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't crochet to save my life! Good for you ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice :-)! I love to crochet, but since my hands do not want to cooperate I no long crochet. There are so many neato crochet patterns out there. Great Job :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Crochet organizer! I have several books ranging from beautiful flowers to oh-so-cute little figures and animals...I also bought a Craftsy class for beginners...still not a stitch hooked, LOL. Someday!

    ReplyDelete