Friday, May 10, 2013

It's in the bag :)

Every time I'm out grocery shopping (no lie)
someone stops me to ask about my fun grocery bags.
I hand them my business card and tell them I have a shop on etsy.
But guess what?
I don't sell the bags they are asking about.
Duh.....
So I'm working on adding them to my shop.
I've tried several different bag patterns
and this one is my absolute fav!
It's by Michelle patterns 
and you can find it HERE.
I like to use canvas and denim
matched with fun cotton prints
to make the bags a bit more sturdy.

I love that they are completely reinforced with 2 rows of stitching
in every seam and 6 rows of stitching on each handle.
These suckers are sturdy and can carry a heavy load!
They are the same size as the ever popular "Target bag".
I don't know about you but someone at my house
always needs an empty Target bag for something.
I carry 10 of these bags in my car at all times :)
I was actually involved in a fun swap
with my girlfriends using this pattern
and I'll show you the ones I received
as soon as the last one arrives :)

I also love that they are completely reversible!
How cool is that?
They are great for carrying stuff to the pool
or the beach
or food to a picnic.
I use mine for craft supplies as well.
Just an awesome all around bag!

I'm going to list these in my shop for $25.00
plus 2.00 shipping in the US.
These bags are all one of a kind
and if you see one that you want,
email me and I'll put it aside for you.
I won't get a chance to list these until Monday.
I also have another 12 cut and ready to sew.
I guess it's official....
I'm now a Bag Lady :)



6 comments:

  1. you were always a bag lady and the sunflower one is killer

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great bags! I hope you sell lots of them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your post about the grocery bag swap when you first posted and immediately went to Michelle Patterns and bought the pattern for them. Did you change up the pattern a bit to make the front a 50-50 of your two fabrics? Looks great! Can't wait to make mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bags are beautiful! Great job

    ReplyDelete