Thursday, June 6, 2013

Quiet Restoration and a Few Minions

I'll admit, 
I have trouble being still.
I seldom watch movies or TV.
I feel like it's time wasted that I could be doing something else.
As a child I would sit with my back to the TV
making clothes out of kleenex
for my tiny plastic doll.
This morning I was faced with a dozen choices
of how to spend my day.
There always seems so much to do.
I really felt that I needed some time to just rest a bit
and watch one of my favorite movies....
and some stitching, of course :)

Sometimes we can just get too busy for our own good.
A few hours of rest was exactly what I needed this morning.

Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul"

7 comments:

  1. Rest is always good. Glad you took the time to slow down. Your stitching is just beuatiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidery is beautiful. Rest is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your project bags. Glad you had a restful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rest? what the heck is that? lovely work and I am glad you have your minions

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't stand to watrch t v either seems a waste of good quilting time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching is beautiful and it's one of my fave movies too. I can't wait for the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know just how you feel as a child I would read a book while knitting and listen to the radio all at the same time. I hate sitting doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete