Monday, July 7, 2014

Some Kitty Cuteness

My adorable Evie just turned 3 on July 1st.
She asked me so sweetly if I was going to make her 
something for her birthday.....
How could I say no?
Since she love kitties,
I chose Michael Miller "Happy Hills Calico Cat" fabric
and paired it with some coordinating fabrics from my stash
as well as some pink gingham and bright polka dots.
I used "The Cupcake Dress" pattern by Pink Fig.
I love that the pattern comes with all the sizes
from 12m - 10 yrs! 
The pattern was FTS (fun to sew)
The back of the bodice requires smocking 
with elastic thread.
If you've never tried it,
don't be afraid to give it a go.
You'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is.


I just had to share a picture of the darling little dress shoes
that we bought for Evie as well.
They have tiny little 1/2" heals and beaded bows.
I love how tanned her legs are 
and of course, the band-aid :) 
Well the dress turned out to be a big hit.
She has worn it everyday for 4 days,
even sleeping in it and wearing those shoes to bed.
Makes my heart happy :)

6 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhh,,yea nana!!
    she looks so grown up, I hardly recognized her

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is such a darling girl. especially in that very cute dress you sewed her! love those little leggies with the bandaid in her new grown up shoes! too adorable for words!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwwwww lucky little girl having a Nana who will sew for her - what a little sweetie! She looks perfectl in her lovely Nana dress - and those shoes! I'm pretty sure they're princess shoes - very suitable for young Miss :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I can't believe she's 3 already! She's adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Evie! LOVE your dress, it's gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is beautiful! I can't believe she is already 3. Happy Birthday Evie!

    ReplyDelete