Monday, July 7, 2014

Some Kitty Cuteness

My adorable Evie just turned 3 on July 1st.
She asked me so sweetly if I was going to make her 
something for her birthday.....
How could I say no?
Since she love kitties,
I chose Michael Miller "Happy Hills Calico Cat" fabric
and paired it with some coordinating fabrics from my stash
as well as some pink gingham and bright polka dots.
I used "The Cupcake Dress" pattern by Pink Fig.
I love that the pattern comes with all the sizes
from 12m - 10 yrs! 
The pattern was FTS (fun to sew)
The back of the bodice requires smocking 
with elastic thread.
If you've never tried it,
don't be afraid to give it a go.
You'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is.


I just had to share a picture of the darling little dress shoes
that we bought for Evie as well.
They have tiny little 1/2" heals and beaded bows.
I love how tanned her legs are 
and of course, the band-aid :) 
Well the dress turned out to be a big hit.
She has worn it everyday for 4 days,
even sleeping in it and wearing those shoes to bed.
Makes my heart happy :)

6 comments:

Regena

ahhhhhhh,,yea nana!!
she looks so grown up, I hardly recognized her

Julie

she is such a darling girl. especially in that very cute dress you sewed her! love those little leggies with the bandaid in her new grown up shoes! too adorable for words!!!!!

Sandra :)

Awwwwwwwwwwwww lucky little girl having a Nana who will sew for her - what a little sweetie! She looks perfectl in her lovely Nana dress - and those shoes! I'm pretty sure they're princess shoes - very suitable for young Miss :)

Denise

Very cute! I can't believe she's 3 already! She's adorable

Stacey @ bakercourt

Happy birthday Evie! LOVE your dress, it's gorgeous :) x

jillytacy

The dress is beautiful! I can't believe she is already 3. Happy Birthday Evie!

Post a Comment