Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Play Time

Sometimes you spend so much time working
that you just need to step away and play :)
I decided to play hookie from "work" yesterday
and spent the afternoon making this fun little play mat 
for my sweet little Daisy May. 
The fabric is "Surrounded by Love" by Deb Strain.
I used a charm pack and a pattern called "Roundabout" 
from the book - Another Bite of Schnibbles".
I changed the outer edge a bit to use up my remaining scraps.
I used nice thick batting to change it from a table top quilt
to a thick and squishy baby play mat.


I also wanted to share with you the super cute
Chicken Matryoshkas that my son and daughter-in-law
brought me from Sequoia.
I was babysitting their 4 Minions for a few days
while they spent some much needed time away.
How cute are these? 
Apparently there is a Nesting doll shop that was just across 
the street from where they were staying.
Lucky me :) 
I guess I'd better get back to sewing.....


6 comments:

  1. Love your play mat, really lovely colors too. Ooooh your nail polish matches your play mat colors! nice!!
    Adorable chicken!!
    Its good to play... I get side tracked all the time! :)
    smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Daisy May's play mat! Super cute and such nice colors!
    You need to take more 'Play Days'
    Hugs,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a play mat! I may have to copy you for the newest Whittle due next month. And the chickens are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real sweet. I like your idea of the fluffy batting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The play mat is sweeeeeeeeeeeet - I hope you get a picture of Miss Daisy May playing on her mat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your play mat is so sweet. Love the fabrics you choose.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete