Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bacon & Egg Breakfast Pizza *YUM*


I have to admit.....I'm a magazine addict. There...I said it out loud. I love to look through magazines. If it weren't for the expense,
I would probably have alot more subscriptions. I do justify the ones I do have delivered to my home (Country Homes, Better Homes & Gardens, Creating Keepsakes) by making sure that I cut out the recipes that I like and tearing out the articles about craft projects I want to make someday. So this pizza is one of our favs and I found it in a magazine. I will suggest to anyone who wants to make any kind of pizza that you invest in a pizza stone. I've also learned that you need to put the pizza stone in the oven and allow it to pre-heat just like you pre-heat the oven. Your crust will be amazing! I make my pizza crusts by first forming them on parchment paper placed on a pizza peel and then when the oven is hot enough I take the pizza peel and slide the pizza, parchment paper and all onto the hot pizza stone. And later when the pizza is done cooking, you just lift the corner of the parchment paper and slide your peel underneath and pull the pizza out. You can leave the stone in the oven until later when it's cool. The parchment paper can stand up to 500 degrees and you won't be scaping burnt cheese off your pizza stone. It's a win win! You'll never get a great pizza on a cookie sheet. You can get pizza stones and pizza peels at good prices on Amazon. So anyhoo.... here's the recipe -


Bacon & Egg Breakfast Pizza


1/2 lb bacon ( fried then crumbled )
1 can 8.5 oz refridgerated crescent rolls
1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 eggs lightly beaten
3 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 tbsp each diced red & green bell peppers
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 tbsp shredded parmesean cheese


Preheat oven (with pizza stone) to 375 degrees.
Seperate crescent rolls into 8 triangles. Place on parchment paper with points to the center and press together to form a circle. Turn edges over to form a slight rim.
Sprinkle crumbled bacon over crust. Top with potatoes. Add peppers and green onions.
In a small bowl stir eggs, milk, salt & pepper. Pour over vegetables.
Top with cheddar and parmesean cheeses.
Bake 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. wow! I must try this someday!
    I clip my magazines too! heehee!

    ReplyDelete