Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Stitched with love and prayers :)

I believe that God brings people in and out of lives at different times for a purpose. Sometimes we need help and sometimes we can offer help. In God's perfect plan for us, both people are blessed - the receiver of help, by the blessing of help they received and the giver of help, by the joy they receive in giving to someone else. This week God put someone on my heart that needed something that I was able to provide. This sweet young woman has had her share of trials in her life and you would almost expect her to be angry with God. But she doesn't lose her faith. She keeps on moving forward and what an amazing example to her children! I made this apron for her and prayed for her as I stitched it. I wanted her to know that when she wears it, that she is reminded that she has others who care for her and her situation. One of the verses that has really stayed with me recently is Proverbs 3:27 "Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act." Is there someone in your life today that could use your help?

2 comments:

  1. cute! and doing nice things feels so great, doesn't it??
    How do you make time for all your sewing? it takes me forever and a half to finish anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a touching blog!! My eyes got watery as I read it! :) I'll bet the woman was very encouraged... I REALLY want to take up sewing. Terri, Hanah, and I have been saying that we want to take sewing classes. Anyhoo, thank you for the challenge of praying for someone as I encourage them with my crafts.

    ReplyDelete