Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mug Apron :)


I've been trying my best to make things for these apron swaps that I am in, that my partner can actually use, not just something cute to include in the box. I came across this pattern and fell in love with it. I've always wanted to try my hand at quilting and in this pattern, you have the option to quilt the fabric, which was fun and I liked the way it came out. I know it's a far cry from making an actual quilt, but I'm taking baby steps :)
I used patriotic fabric again to keep the theme going that I started for this swap. Hope she likes it!

3 comments:

  1. did you like the pattern?? I just went nuts today at the joann's sale 5 patterns for 5 bucks and got this one!!
    As for quilting........if you can sew a straight line, you can quilt. I'll teach you thru blogger if you want. It is sooooooo not hard until you get to mariner's compasses and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Regena! Do I even want to know what a mariner's compass is? :) When I was re-reading my owner's manual for my new sewing machine last week, I found out that I had a quilter's arm in my box of attachments that is actually pretty cool. You can set it to whatever distance you want and it guides you to stitch in straight lines keeping uniform distance. Who knew? Made me think of your post about having the seam binding foot all this time and not knowing it :) Guess great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.academyofquilting.com/images/quilts/mariners-compass.jpg

    this a mariner's compas, and a simple one at that

    ReplyDelete