Thursday, April 28, 2011

Two More Weeks!


I can hardly believe that little Ms. Sofia Mae is due in just 2 more weeks! Her Mommy is ready for her come any day now and seeing how this is her 4th child, I doubt that she will have to wait much longer. I can't wait to see her little face! Will she look like her brothers? Will she be blond and have curly hair like her Mommy? The waiting is killing me! Today I made this little outfit for our newest addition :) I used Simplicity 2388. I have to say it is totally cute, but NFTS (not fun to sew). Unless I am specifically asked to make one of these again by either of my daughters, I won't do it. I wrestled with the seam binding on this teeny tiny outfit. It's just like sewing doll clothes. And my seam ripper saw lots of action today. Overall I do love the fabrics (Riley Blake Summer Song and Michael Miller Meadowsweet) and all I need now is a tiny little grand-daughter to put in it :)

Hurry up Sofia....we're waiting..................

10 comments:

  1. scary, I would totally wear that!! Well, in my size as some jamjams
    You are such a good nana!!! Awesome job!!!!!
    I wanna make some kiddie clothes now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My seam ripper Always gets lots of action LOL!
    Such an adorable little outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Sophia too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! You did a great job and the fabrics are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen - that is baby couture it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is too cute. Makes me feel like I need a baby girl to sew things like this for. hmmmm...... Thanks for linking up with Finished It Up Friday!

    -Tyra

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a totally cute outfit. Thanks for the warning though I won't bother to try the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute outfit, I wish I could make clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I would love for you to add this & anything else to my blog's linky party: http://koolbeenz-blog.blogspot.com/2011/05/funky-fresh-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete