Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My bucket list....


 So I've mentioned my love for all things Sweetwater, especially now that I found that I can get their great designs on fabric as well as scrapbooking supplies! I ordered this totally adorable bucket pattern from this etsy shop as well as the one for the darling pail in the picture below. I'm planning to make a few of them for Easter baskets for the kids. This awesome canvas bucket is for my craft room. The pattern comes with 3 iron on labels, but I purchased the "make life happy" label separately. I have other projects in mind for the other 3 labels. I used red cotton canvas (that is 50% off at Joann this week) for the outside and Cosmo Cricket cotton for the lining (another fav of mine). This bucket is not hard to make, but the pattern might be a bit of a challenge
for someone new to sewing. There are no diagrams
on how to assemble the bucket. The pattern says "sew the side seams together and then attach the bottom to the sides." I can just imagine someone who has never done that before saying "OK...great....how do I do that?"  The pattern also has you cut the sides and the round bottom out in 2 sizes so that the lining is just a bit smaller than the outside. I cut all the pieces the same size and assembled the outside shell at 1/4" seam allowance and the lining at 1/2". It made cutting the pattern pieces alot easier.  I love the way it turned out! I can't wait to make some of the pails with the little flags all around. And I also received my Sweetwater apron pattern and labels in the mail yesterday, so I'll be starting on that this week too. I finished this in time to link up to Fabric Tuesday over at Quilt Story. You should definitely pop over there and see all the creative things that other crafters are working on! What are you working on this week?

7 comments:

  1. You figured the pattern out just fine. Love the bucket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! I ordered the pail pattern and fabric kit, the mug rug patern and several different labels too. I love the pail with the pennants. If it turns out and is pretty easy I may make one for my new swap partner. I may just have to order the bucket pattern too.....this new sewing adventure is gonna bankrupt me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, I told you to check out my junk. I've got way too much and I am willing to share. silly woman!!
    Cute stuff Karen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the nice comment you left today about my I RULE burp cloth. I became a follower on your blog today after I popped in to see who you were! I love your blog design, and I love the things that you make too. Someday I will be venturing into making aprons and will be using your ideas as a guide! I also added you to my list of blogs I follow so I can get quick updates as to what you have created next! And............Bichons are greatest !! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that bucket! And I just peeked at your owl pin cushion - adorable! Gonna have to follow your blog now. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm working mostly on school work this week! I've also been putting together another tutorial to post but no actual crafty bits since the weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing the Sweetwater apron when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cute little buckets! I want to make some! Thanks for linking up to Quilt Story!

    ReplyDelete