Friday, April 8, 2011

Purple Haze......


Let me just say that I receive no compensation from Sweetwater (although if anyone from Sweetwater is reading this...I am not opposed to it......just sayin'  :) and with that being said, I realize that I am a bit obsessive about these labels and this apron pattern is really fun to sew. Especially after having made it before and tweaked it a bit. (I promise I won't post any more of these aprons....at least for a week or so) Anyhoo...I am signed up for the Spring Fling apron swap and my partner requested a spring cleaning apron and her favorite color is purple. Not being a purple lover myself, I had nothing in my stash to pull from so I went shopping. I found this Alexander Henry floral called Mimosa and because it is a "cleaning" apron I used purple twill to give it some weight. I also used purple gingham for the accents. I added a large pocket that is divided into 3 compartments. The label that has all the spring references and the green coloring matched perfectly for this apron. I only have 2 labels left and I already know where they are going to be used so I guess I need to get some more. I've also been working on a Star Trek project for a giveaway coming up on the 16th..so if you are a "trekkie"
 you can check back here for more info on that in the next week or so. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Great. now hendrix is running through my head. LOL

    Good job and fast too!! Can I just say that I hate how efficient you are!?! :-) (hate as in jealous lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I just say...once again a totally AWESOME job. Your creativity never ceases to AMAZE me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not 1 Stitch OUT PLACE. mad skillz! it is beautiful Karen - just awesome and I'm with Regena on the jealous part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh there are plenty of stitches out of place...just don't look too closely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep all the comments are true! The apron is gorgeous and you have amazing skills and talent! I think Sweetwater should come knocking on your door!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Karen, just send me a duplicate of that wonderful apron won't you? I am still struggling with the style of apron this time around. Just can't seem to make a decision.

    You have done a great job on your apron!! Just love it!!

    ReplyDelete