Monday, April 18, 2011

Red just makes me happy!













Ok.....so I joined Weight Watchers.....again. I'm not going to say how many times I've joined before. I'm not going to post weight loss updates. I'm not going to discuss weight or dieting at all. I went on my first diet at age 13. It's been a long struggle and I'm so over dieting. I just want to find a healthy balance for myself.
The reason for today's post is about cuteness....not weight. You can be cute and have cute things in your life that make you smile no matter what you weigh. Being thin doesn't equal happiness.

 When I went to WW this afternoon, I needed all the new stuff for the new program and I purchased this blue binder for my tracker. First of all it's blue.......that's the only color it comes in....AND.....it's blue.....nuf said.
I came home and decided that the blue binder just wasn't going to work for me, so I dug up some cute scraps of fabric and canvas. I grabbed some peltex for stability and some iron on interfacing and went to work duplicating the binder in red (my signature color :) It took me about 1 1/2 hours to finish it but I love it! Red just makes me happy!

This binder cover is part of Fabric Tuesday over at Quiltstory this week. Hop on over there and check out all the wonderful craftiness!

6 comments:

  1. blue..iicckkkk! The red is sooooo much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red does equal happiness! Your red binder is sooooo much cuter! Everyone at WW will be jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive! I like yours much better and I'm sure everyone else is going to want one too!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red, it just pops! Blue blah! I agree with jillytracy they will be soo jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Karen! Love the red....it's my favorite color too!! You should put up a tutorial for the pattern! I bet it would go over big!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Thanks for linking to Quiltstory!

    ReplyDelete