Thursday, April 7, 2011

2 Quilts, a Farmhouse & an Apron

 OK....so I haven't really "quilted" 2 quilts, but I have done them in cross stitch.....that counts....right? This is the piece I've been stitching since just after Christmas. When I look at this farmhouse it makes me wish I had the ability to jump into the picture like they did on Mary Poppins. I could totally live in that farmhouse. Although, if it were my house, there would be chickens running around the front yard and my hot Cuban riding his horse in a checkered flannel shirt and jeans ...smiling at me with those big white teeth of his...and the sun is just beginning to set over the mountains..................Ahh...a girl can dream...can't she?                                                                    

OK...I'm back. Right now I'm working on the black back-stitching. It really adds such great detail. You can see the difference it makes when you look at the right-hand side compared to the left-hand side. I still have to stitch some vines around the outside edges before I frame it. It's going to hang in my entryway. I'm actually thinking of painting a quilt on the side of my garage so that it can be seen from my living room. If I ever get around to it, I'll post pics for sure :)


 I think I may have a new obsession with these labels from Sweetwater. I had to whip up another apron yesterday and I'm so excited with how much the label really "makes" the apron special. I used red and yellow fabric called "Recess" from American Jane. This apron looks so pretty just hanging in my kitchen. This one is definitely mine to keep :) I'm so in love with this pattern and the labels that I am re-thinking my apron swap plans and I've decided that I'll be making one of these for my swap partner. She wanted a Spring Cleaning apron, so I'll add a large divided pocket across the front. What are you working on today?


8 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahhahahahaa All I can see, in my mind, is Ricky Ricardo on a horse. LOL Someone has a romance novel just waiting to be written in her head. :-) yeah, I'd probably read it, sap that I am. I just finished a cute little romance, catch of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Lucyeeeee, you gots some 'splainin to dooooo!"
    Love the cross-stitch! It's beautiful! That's another craft that I used to have an obsession with and haven't done in like 15 years! I still have a lot of fabric and thread but I'm not even going to THINK about going through it....at least not until next week...maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cross-stitch. Beautiful job. The apron is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice :-)! I totally LOVE the fabric with the yellow flowers. It made me smile just looking at the apron. If you can let me know what the fabric is called I will definitely purchase some!

    I totally feel you about the farmhouse it is gorgeous. Mine would be a horse ranch; with no chickens, but plenty of dogs, cats and other critters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcia...it's called "Recess" by American Jane. You can probably find it on etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this apron, Karen!! Very in line with the kind of color scheme I like. There's pops of red all over my house and I love accents of yellow. And two of the main rooms in our house are painted with a soft/warm/kinda-bright sea-esque blue (I'm terrible with putting colors in the correct names!!) I have an apron that I bought at Cost Plus, but I have to admit, I've noticed that I am developing a bit of a fetish for them. I would love to own one of yours! It would just be so much more special than a store-bought one. So, I'll be keeping my eye on your store ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cross stitch! Your dream sounds lovely too. I think I'd choose a mountain cabin by a lake away from everything but maybe a tropical location for part of the year would be good too.
    I love the apron too! The colors, fabric, and pattern all rock!

    ReplyDelete