Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Is it yummy?

You may have noticed that when I get on a roll,
I tend to make 315 of the same things
before I get bored and move on to the next "thing".
Clearly I'm on the "finish your cross stitch projects" roll :)
When my hubby came home last night he loved the
little "Bee Line" pillow.
He said "you should keep that one".
That made me laugh.
I guess he knows me too well.....
I tend to give away most of what I make :)

"Bee Line" by Sam Sarah Designs
Stitched on 18ct Aida
Of course I changed the thread colors :)

"Little Maids" Characters 23 DMC
Stitched on 28ct Lugana over 2 threads
Yes....I changed the colors :)
So a while back, this little guy (my youngest grandson)
was visiting me and was watching me intently as I stitched.
"Nana.....what are you doing?"
"I'm doing cross stitch.
 It's like coloring a picture,
but I use thread instead of crayons."
He kept watching me and as I put the ends of the floss
in my mouth to thread the needle he asked....
"is it yummy?"

13 comments:

  1. Hubs is right, keep the bees!
    Kids, the things they say! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes its yummy :)))) so nice your hand made and little boy

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post made me smile! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE both, but the bees win first place :-)! The bees make me happy.

    Gabe is so sweet. I love the look in his eyes :-)♥!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well I hope you said yes... cos everything you make is yummy! Those bees are just so cute! I love that you change things, I can't follow a recipe or a pattern without at least one little tweak/change :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. well I hope you said yes... cos everything you make is yummy! Those bees are just so cute! I love that you change things, I can't follow a recipe or a pattern without at least one little tweak/change :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Bee Line....I'll have to find that pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww... aren't kids cute?!
    Love your bee pillow --- and I'm just like you, I tend to give most of the stuff I make away! It brings me more joy that way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm... flavoured threads would be interesting but I think your work is more like eye candy :)!
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. too cute! nice job on the pillows!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is he?!!! Love the pillows! Can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your finishes are just "yummy". Love the flag pillow in the previous post. Hope you keep the little bee pillow for your husband.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not partial to a length of floss with my cuppa personally, but I do think your bee pillow is yummy!

    ReplyDelete