Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Monday!

I had such a lovely weekend with my family :)
I hope you all did too!

I finished the mug rug for my swap partner
and it's on it's way to Australia now.
I hope she likes it!

I also finished up a fun little cross stitch pillow.

"Support our Troops" by Erica Michaels
Stitched on 28ct linen over 2 threads.

I found this backing fabric out in the garage
along with some other patriotic fabrics
that I used a lot
when I was making raggedy ann dolls years ago.

This is the needle book I stitched for my Mom.
I know she'll love the Delft tile look :)
I found this needlebook kit on ebay.
It made me laugh to think
that this pattern was designed in Scotland
and it's a classic Delft tile pattern from Holland
being stitched by a woman born in Holland
who now lives in California
and it's being mailed to a woman in Germany
who married a man from Holland
that now lives in California
but is on vacation in Germany where she was born.
Makes perfect sense right?

5 comments:

  1. I am sooo confused. LOL
    Your ma will love it, your sewing partner will love it and I am stealing your table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is absolutely gorgeous! I look forward with anticipation to every post you make. Your posts are like a living arts and crafts book filled with beautiful handcrafted works of art :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the runner, mug rug, pillow and book! What a confusing, but not really, tale for that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all your pretties and you do such wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Norway, the head of the government is Harald V. The government system of Norway is a Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy. In Norway, the legislative power is vested in a Great Assembly; this is a Unicameral legislative body, and therefore a Unicameral Great Assembly. According to the World Bank Group, the government effectiveness index of Norway is 1.81. This indicates that the government of Norway is very effective. Citizens enjoy highly effective social, public, and civil services, and the overall morale in Norway is high. Government actions are efficient and expeditious, and dangerous situations are highly unlikely as a result. http://www.confiduss.com/en/jurisdictions/norway/politics/

    ReplyDelete