Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday :)

I have the center of my "Pure" quilt pieced together.
I love these fabrics!
The girls at Sweetwater did such a great job
mixing masculine and feminine prints in this collection!
I'm happy with the way it's turning out so far.
 Although the more quilts I make,
the more I realize that I don't really enjoy
making the same blocks over and over.
I must have a very short attention span :)
My next quilt will have to be another sampler
just for fun.
Tomorrow I have to run to M & L
to buy the fabric for the sashing and borders
so I can finish this quilt top.



Here are a few of the little squares that I plan to use
 for the backside of the quilt.

And yesterday I received the Silent Cinema fabrics that I ordered.
(Man I love to get fun packages in the mail!!!!)
When I ordered these fabrics,
I thought the print was smaller.
Now that I see them in person I think
I'll pick different fabrics for the dress
and use these for some fun
 summer weight jammies instead :)

6 comments:

  1. love the colors! can't wait to see it!& have fun makign teh dress it's going to be a cutie!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the print will be fine for the dress. Drape a little on yourself and see.
    Love the pure line even though blue ain't my thang. Good job quilting mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those quilt fabrics.. your quilt is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ability to mix and match stuff to create a thing of beauty NEVER ceases to AMAZE me :-)! Very nice :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first fabric is divine!! I've never seen that pattern before! Yes, the mail is a very exciting part of my day too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the yellow fabrics and think the dress would look darling in it! and of course, can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete