Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


My handsome hubby had to work until 9:30pm last night, so this morning after he left for work I baked up a batch of these super yummy cookies. He ate 5 of them when he got home today and he said he's going to have some more after dinner. I think that's the true test of a good recipe :)


1/2 stick Crisco Butter flavored shortning
1 cup "Dark Chocolate Dreams" (dark chocolate peanut butter available at Target)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tblsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt


1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Combine shortning, chocolate peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg.

3. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Mix into shortning mixture at low speed unitl just blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart. I line my cookie sheets with parchment paper so I don't have to wash the cookie sheets when I'm done baking.

4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Makes 3 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment