Monday, January 12, 2015

This and That


It's a brand new year 
and I'm trying my best to really make a dent
in my pile of unfinished projects.
First up is the baby quilt that I started last year
for my sweet little Miss Daisy :)
She'll be a year old in May,
so I need to get this one done.

Since I showed you the thimble pads I use
 for embroidery and general stitching,
I thought I'd show you the only thimble that works for me
 when I'm hand quilting.
It's the Protect & Grip Thimble by Clover.
The metal end is perfect for pushing
 through layers of fabric and batting
and the rubbery part grips your finger nicely
and still allows you to "feel" your fabric.

I also wanted to show you Miss Evie
and her baby "Quinn" 
(she has changed her name several times)
with their matching jammies.

I found a few scraps of flannel and made a pair
of summer jammies for Maddie :)
She'll need them when we have sleep overs.....

I've been blessed with lots of orders in the shop
that are keeping me busy as well :)

I hope your year is off to a good start!!!



5 comments:

  1. I want to clean up my UFO stack too! Maybe we can challenge each other! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to get my stuff in order so i can have some ufo's

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Daisy is going to be a year old in a few months, and Evie is so cute with her baby and their matching jamjams :D I've just finished pre-washing a bunch of fabrics (including the focal fabrics which are Lecien canvas prints) to make sets of baskets for the great nephews - lots of cars and trucks and dinosaurs. I have one g-niece to sew for, so I've actually unofficially adopted my 3 immediate neighbour-girls so I can sew pink along with all the blue, LOL! Love all my boys, but oh my it's so much fun sewing for little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have lots of UFOs too and it's my goal to finish a few of them this year! Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your hand quilting. Thank you so much for sharing the thimble you use. Looks very comfortable.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete