Monday, September 20, 2010

Cleaning Day :)

I've been so preoccupied with sewing lately that I have to admit that I haven't been keeping up with dusting and cleaning. I tend to make sure that the kitchen and bathroom are always clean and I touch up the living room twice a week, but our bedroom gets neglected. I can close the door and let the dust bunnies multiply and no one sees that...right? Wrong! The master bedroom is the room where the King and Queen of the house sleep. It should be clean and inviting all the time. It's just one small way to let my hubby know that I value him and this is the only room in the house that is just for the 2 of us. He knows that there are days I struggle to get anything done and he doesn't complain about the house. We have such a wonderful relationship. Was it always that way...no. Marriage is hard work. And we have worked very hard. We fought for what we have together now. When you truely love someone you don't try to change them, but love them inspite of all the things about them that drive you crazy. That's real love. When I saw "I love U" written in the dust on my nightstand, it made me smile :) And this morning I cleaned our bedroom. Under the bed, inside the closet and I even vaccumed the curtains. I may pay for it physically tomorrow, but today I'm  totally happy.  I love my life :)

4 comments:

  1. you can come do my house, I'll feed you!! :-)
    I have a sewing closet that needs sorted and thinned big t-i-m-e and yes, you can take stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can find a way to bring your sewing closet to my house, I'd love to clean it out for you. It's always more fun to clean someone else's treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cat picture!!! I hate cleaning but it has to be done! It sounds like you had a good and productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill - That is my kitty Arthur. He thinks any piece of fabric - whether it's a placemat on the table or a shirt over the back of the couch - it was put there for him to lay down on. And when he finds a basket of warm laundry then he's in kitty heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete