Saturday, September 25, 2010

No More Tears :)

One of the things I really love about cooking is chopping veggies. Makes me feel like I know what I'm doing. The problem starts when it's time to chop onions. I used to wear contact lenses but now that I am  falling apart  aging gracefully, I find contacts to be really uncomfortable, so I wear glasses. When I wore contacts, I could chop onions with the best of them and never a tear would fall..... but without the protective shield over my eyeballs I cry like nobody's business! The tears stream from my eyes so badly that I can't actually see what I'm chopping anymore. This poses a definate problem as one day I could end up chopping off a finger...ew. So last year for Christmas my wonderful hubby bought me these fantastic onion goggles! Mine are pink! How cute is that? These things totally work! I fear no onion! Now it's their turn to cry :)

4 comments:

  1. Onion goggles, cool idea! I know what you mean about crying till you can't see the onions you're chopping. Pink is cute but I agree with Regena red would match your beautiful kitchen, plus it's my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is that they were out of red when I got these. My daughter in law has already asked me if I wanted to give her my pink ones and get red ones for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like I know what she wants for Christmas! LOL

    ReplyDelete