Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Labor of Love :)


For those of you who are keeping track, we are down to 14 Saturdays until Christmas! Can you tell I love this time of year? I'm excited to say that I can check the Happy Stacker off my list! There are certain projects that just make me smile when I look at them and this is definately one of those! Thanks you Heather Bailey for designing this adorable pattern . Just a word of warning, this pattern is definately not for beginners. It's really tricky making those rings...who knew? I used brightly colored soft flannel and assorted  ribbons (including blue velvet Ric Rack) to give my sweet Gabriel some fun textures to explore when he plays with this. It took me about 15 hours (including about 2 hours of cutting time) to complete. Sure I could have gone to ToysR Us and bought a toy for Gabriel, but this was truely a labor of love :) Now it's off to get started on an orange dinosaur.......

2 comments:

  1. you're killing me with the count down!! LOL
    cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i was doing good thinking I've made a few Christmas gifts already but when i saw there were only 14 more sewing weekends left my heart jumped. that baby stacker is so adorable awesome work!

    ReplyDelete