Monday, September 13, 2010

Pot-holder Envy :)

<><>
<>
<><>
I love these!!!
I've been watching the apron swap blogs daily to read all the new posts and see the great aprons and goodies that all the ladies are receiving. Amy, one of the very talented women that I met through this experience just received her apron last week. Along with her apron she received the cutest set of red and white polka dot pot holders. I fell in love with them! I looked at my old faithful pot holders hanging on a hook on the fridge and although they have been washed many times, they are no longer the beauties that they once were. I have to say that they have served me well and like a great fitting pair of jeans, I was not in any hurry to replace them. They are just the right thickness to keep heat away and still not be overly stiff. They are "just right" and I do alot of baking. So after seeing Amy's cute polka dots, I thought  how hard could it be to give my faithful friends a make-over? Armed with my trusty seam ripper I went to work carefully taking them apart. I had 3 choices for fabrics. Red polka dots, red and white rooster dish towels, and blue vintage fruit table napkins that I found last year at the Thrift store. By the pictures, you can see that the blue fabric was my final choice. The quilting was easy because all I had to to was stitch over the existing stitch lines! It was a fun project and I'm glad I did it! I love the new look and I love all the inspiration that I have found from these wonderful blogging crafters who are gracious enought to share their talents! The best part is that I didn't have to buy anything new to do this. How's that for a good deal? No more pot holder envy for me :)

4 comments:

  1. good job. they are cute AND handy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so gonna try this!!! My poor oven mitts look like - well let's just say not so good. love the linky too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they look great! I may have to give this a try too!

    ReplyDelete