Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hello SeptemBER :)

I'm so excited to say that we are in the "Bers" Baby!
Man I love this time of year!
Even the fact that my sewing machine has been out for a very long over-due service and cleaning since last Friday *ugh* I'm still a happy camper today! I haven't been able to sew but I have been keeping busy. I've cut out all the pieces I need to get started on my next quilt.
I'm using Happy Camper by American Jane.


I've also been drooling over some new fabrics that the mail carrier brought me this week.
I have some fabulous fabrics from Sweetwater's Hometown collection. I didn't want any of the prints with all the names of citys on them so rather than buy a layer cake or charm packs I chose only the prints I really love. These fabrics will be a curtain for my bathroom made with a free pattern I found
over at Moda. I'll post more about it when I get it done.

I also received a charm pack of Sweetwater's Countdown to Christmas that I abso-stinkin-lutely love love love!!! A table runner maybe? Cute Christmas coasters? Not really sure yet.

Then I bought 3 yards of Punctuation by American Jane!
Why? I don't know. I just am so in love with it.
I'm sure I'll think of something fun....right?

I mean.....seriously.....how cute is this?

Luckily I bought all this BEFORE my self imposed "fabric fast" during the entire month of September. What was I thinking?
 The day after I announced to my hubby that I wouldn't buy any fabric in September, I got the Joann's flyer in the mail
and guess what?
September is National Sewing Month!!!!
Are you kidding me? Do you think there might just be a few sales during National Sewing Month?
*sigh*

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it". 1 Cor. 10:13

I copied that scripture and taped it to my computer monitor,
I'm gonna need all the help I can get :)


5 comments:

  1. Oh man do I hear you! I love this time of year so much! And those fabrics look so beautiful I want to come play.

    I'll need help refraining too...I get a discout at walmart now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Fabrics! I think I'd tell hubby you won't buy any fabric in October after the sales are over. But that's just me, I have very little will power!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good thing I bought what I wanted too.
    Does need count? I may need stuff for commission work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your September cross stitch. The fabric with the little kids is way too cute.
    It you break down and buy fabric this month I won't tell.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! Every time you want to buy some fabric just go to your stash and pick out some fabric to make a new project :) What also helped me was buying some accessories like thread,trims,patterns,ect!
    Stop by my blog to win some sewing accessories & patterns:)

    ReplyDelete