Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Home :)


I'm almost finished with my Tiny Houses quilt :)
I need to decide whether to bind it in red or yellow.
It's going to hang against a yellow wall
so I'm leaning toward red for the binding right now.


You know I had to find a way
 to incorporate some giant red rick rack
into this quilt.
Large rick rack is my latest obsession!!!
I would have been completely finished
with the quilt top last night but I ran out of
red floss to blanket stitch the word "family".


When I started the Tiny House quilt along
I wasn't really sure how my quilt would evolve,
but I'm happy with the outcome and I can't wait
to do the hand quilting and get this up on the wall
in my living room.
It's just a happy reminder of all the people
I love most in this world :)

10 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This creation is an absolute thing of beauty, thoughtfulness and ♥♥♥!! I hate to repeat myself but...WOW :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a great finish!! Congratualtions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt turned out wonderfully! May I remind you, feb. regena, 4' just sayin....... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me with how much you get done, and your work is so beautiful! I love all the little touches you add, like the hand embroidery and the rick rack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is amazing. Love the colors, the tiny houses and the message it's really the most important. For me it's everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. anytime red is involved I'm going to love it! LOL! the quilt looks awsome! what a great job you've done with the little houses!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love this quilt. It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is awesome! How could you use anything but red binding?!!! Glad you incorporated the giant red rick rack. It's one of my favorite things to use too! Can't get enough of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt! Beautiful Family! Love the colors and of course the rick rack!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful quilt, so original!

    ReplyDelete