Tuesday, May 17, 2011

And then there were 6 :)


There are moments in my life when I wish I had some kind of recording device that could capture a snippet of time. Those fleeting little moments that are unscripted and unexpected and happen before you have a chance to snap a picture and they can never be re-created. One of those moments that I never want to forget and something that I wish I could watch over and over again happened yesterday when my Mom and I took the boys to see their Mommy & Daddy and new baby sister at the hospital. Their Daddy was holding little Sofia and suddenly Elijah, who is 7 yrs old got up from the chair were he was sitting and went over and hugged his dad's legs and said "Now we are a family of 6!" and then Caleb, who is 5 came over and hugged his dad's legs from the other side and said "yeah, we're family". To see my tall handsome son standing in the hospital room holding his tiny new baby girl in his arms with 2 of his 3 darling sons clinging to his legs was one of those moments I never want to forget. The love they share as a family is something that swells my heart in a way that is so hard to explain. I find myself sitting here in tears at the thought of it. My hubby and I have been so blessed beyond measure that our children have married such wonderful spouses and these grandchildren are truly the sprinkles on my cupcake!  They make life sweeter and add riotous color and fun! Welcome to the family, Miss Sofia Mae! You are an answered prayer all wrapped in a soft pink blanket. I loved you before I met you :)

Caleb and Sofia :)

Elijah and Sofia :)

Brotherly love :)

Gabriel is not quite sure what to make of his new sister :)

10 comments:

  1. ahhhhh, I can see the nana face right now.
    Congrats to your growing family!!
    Let's hope your Sofia is a lot more grounded than my Sophie. :-) fingers crossed and prayers winging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now all teary eyed! Your cup runneth over!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your beautiful family. You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a beautiful family, indeed :) God is good! Love you guys, T

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh how precious :) God bless your family Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's finally here! What a wonderful welcome into the family for Sophia. It's such a sweet story! Sophia is one lucky little girl to have been born into such a wonderful family! Not to mention she has the best Nana on the planet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen you and Jose are truly blessed :-)! I cannot wait to meet Ms Sofia. I already love her too :-)! Brandon is an excellent husband and dad and April is one of the best wife and mother that I know. Boy howdy let the fun continue :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is such a little beauty! I am so happy for you and your family. Those brothers are gonna have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, what a beautiful little girl..I actually think my son and DIL are thinking of the name Mai as a middle name for Grace when she is born..what a coincidence!

    Blessings for all..

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me all teary eyed! So much love! <3

    ReplyDelete