Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tick Tock......:)

Kristina with April and Sofia :)

Well, the shower was SO much fun and now all that is left to do is wait.
Wait for little Evie to make her debut.
 Her beautiful little cousin Sofia is 2 weeks old now and I know she can't wait to meet her BFF :)
The colors we used were soft pink and yellow.  I made bouquets of pink and yellow Gerbera daisies and placed a princess wand with rhinestones and satin ribbons in each one.
I found cute little metal buckets at Target in the dollar bins in stripes and butterflies that matched the colors perfectly. I lined them with pink & yellow tissue and added pink, yellow and white meringues on the tables. I also used my Martha Stewart crown punch with some cute polka dot and flower 2 sided scrapbook paper to make crown confetti for the tables.

We had Italian Pasta Salad, Chicken salad with dried cranberries and pecans, and Grilled Chicken Cesar salad. Cut up fresh fruit with cheesecake dip and chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting! Of course we had pink lemonade and iced tea :)

Regena sent us these darling vintage princesses and cupcake liners that totally tied everything together.

The tissue covers as favors were a big hit and they looked really cute on the table :)

We played a few games :)
And little Sofia snuggled with her Auntie Michelle. Seriously....how cute is she?

My beautiful daughter (yes, she's wearing a tiara!) The mother of the princess should have a tiara too...right?
I HAD to show a close-up of these shoes she received from one of her dear friends. I mean just look at them! Adorableness right?

My mom made this same crocheted blanket for Kristina when she was born. (And she still has it !) Now 28 years later, she made it again. This time she used the colors of the new baby bedding for the cross stitched little animals. It took over 60 hours just to do the cross stitching. Totally a labor of love.

Auntie Sandra makes the most awesome "Diaper Cakes". This one is made up of diapers and a "Princess" hooded towel and washcloths. So adorable!

To be able to sit back and just watch the interaction between Kristina and her lovely friends is such an overwhelming feeling for me. To see how her friends genuinely love and care for her makes me so proud to be her mom. One thing I've learned by having 2 children myself, it's that each child is an individual. God has entrusted us with these children and it's our responsibility to teach them and guide them as they mature. But they are who they are and we can't take any credit for that. Our 2 children came from the same gene pool but are completely different. Both of them wonderful and unique. Both of them have married such amazing spouses and both of them are fantastic parents to their children and that really makes my heart happy!

Kristina and her cousin Michelle. They are 1 year and 1 day apart in age and grew up more like sisters than cousins. I can only hope that Sofia and Evie share that same closeness throughout their lives :)

Kristina with my mom and her Auntie Sandra!

It was a truly lovely party!

OK....so let's have that baby now!!!!

8 comments:

  1. ahhh what a fun shower! you can just feel the anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great time was had by all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything look gorgeous! Kristina looks beautiful and sooo happy! The blanket your mom made is truly amazing! What a wonderful heirloom and treasure for Kristina and the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally make me get misty, mom :o) Thank you for throwing me the most amazing little princess shower I could've ever dreamt of!!! Everything was perfect and I had the best time! You are the best momma ever :o) I always just pray that I do whatever you did when I was a little girl so that Evie and I can have the kind of relationship that you and I have always had!!! Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful --- so sweet and thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely day! Your daughter is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your day with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your daughters very special Day with us :) Sofia is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen, what a beautiful and fun shower! Look at that sweet Sofia, and little Evie's soon arrival..what fun! Enjoy and treasure each day with your sweet family!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete