Monday, May 9, 2011

Who doesn't love a big ol bag?


Isn't if funny that when you go to the pool or to the beach you tend to grab your towels and dry clothes for the kids and stuff them into Target bags? Well not any more for my little Mommas! For Mother's Day I made my Mom that cute red tote bag (which she loved by the way) and on the same Simplicity pattern you can make this much larger tote bag as well! This is a great size, not freakishly huge, and still more than big enough for all the things you need when going to the beach or the park. I made the brown and aqua bag for April, and the denim and pink bag for Kristina. I added extra pockets inside for cel phones and keys.




I had a lovely Mother's Day! We went to church in the morning and then came back to our house for our family Sunday lunch. We spent the afternoon chatting and enjoying all the grandsons playing in the backyard. Brandon and April gave me a hilarious card with a gift card for breakfast with Brandon at Mimi's and these beautiful roses! And Kristina and Charlie gave me this totally awesome Minion! Because he knew that we would be busy on Sunday with church and all, Jose surprised me and took me out to breakfast on Saturday morning and then to the Orange Circle for some antiquing and lunch. All in all it was a fabulous weekend and I am soooooo thankful for my family!

14 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you!! And the minion is hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your use of color and patterns of materials together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bags Karen and I love your wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bags are perfect for the beach, or the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bags look great! I love the minion! Despicable me is a great movie! Did Kristina make that minion?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok those bags are awesome, but the minion is outta control! LOVE HIM

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! Good job! I love the brown one! Your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful family and that they are close! What a great weekend you had!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from Quiltstory Fabric Tuesday. I love the bags and the contrasting fabrics you used. I just became a follower too.

    Stop by my blog when you have a moment I just finished a Burda jacket pattern:
    http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/05/quilted-coat-finished.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute Bags! Come and join my linky party: http://fabricbowsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bags! Oh, and love the minion. :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. April better watch that bag if I'm around! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea, and you've done a beautiful job! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete